General Overall Purpose/Objective of Position
- Assists in the sorting and processing of comingled recyclables delivered to the WestRock site.
- Removes non-recyclable material (contaminants) and sorts by commodity type
- Executes all assigned housekeeping duties
- Active participation in the Health and Safety Programs of WestRock.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of all daily operations of the contract site, as assigned
- Responsible for sorting materials by commodity and placing recyclables in appropriate bins for additional processing
- Responsible for quality control by properly sorting of materials according to market specifications and removal of all contaminants prior to bailing/processing for market.
- Responsible for ensuring that a clean, organized, and safe work area is always maintained and is returned to starting condition at the end of each shift and/or as directed by the Contract Recycling Supervisor and/or Contract Site Supervisors.
- Responsible for ensuring that the outside area around the contract site remains clean and free from recyclables, debris, trash, etc.
- Responsible for attending all required Safety training as requested by the Contract Recycling Supervisor and/or Contract Site Supervisors.
- Responsible for working cooperatively with all other XXXX staff and employees, as well as WestRock employees, to ensure the success of all the site functions and operations.
- Responsible for reviewing the learning the policies and procedures as required by the site.
- Responsible for maintaining satisfactory attendance and punctuality for themselves based on WestRock and/or contract policies and procedures.
- Responsible for working under the direct supervision of the Contract Recycling Supervisor and/or Contract Site Supervisors to accomplish all the department essential duties and responsibilities, including all other duties as assigned by the Contract Recycling Supervisor and/or Contract Site Supervisors.
Required Technical Skills/Abilities
- Must know which materials can be recycled and the sorting and grading requirements for different materials.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow basic instructions.
- Must follow safety procedures and lifting techniques.