The Payroll Accountant position perform tasks related to analysis, execution, and support of payroll operations.
Perform payroll transactions such as analysis and review of data according to established timelines, standards and procedures.
Handle complex and/or sensitive payroll requests and issues related to payroll data, file loads, reporting and ad hoc requests from affiliate companies and manage.
Examine and verify payroll related data for accuracy and consistency.
Oversee and ensure Payroll deadlines are met and according to Payroll Operations procedures
Ensure all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements are met. Ensure payroll is executed in accordance with SOX controls at all times.
Handle initial and/ or basic payroll related request and issues.
Analyze financial data and provide input to the payroll supervisor/manager.
Document and review payroll operations procedures. Work with the supervisor/manager and Service Center Documentation team to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes. Partner with the supervisor/manager to assure version control, retention, and inventory of associated documentation.
Assist Payroll Coordinators with day-to-day execution of duties and guide them regarding proper procedures, policies, and requirements.
Assist the supervisor/manager with day-to-day task planning and special projects.
Assure understanding of interfaces, tax and broader Payroll strategies.
Review, follow, and provide input to payroll team objectives.
Provide ideas, solutions, and tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll processing.
Identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
Assist the supervisor/manager with capturing and responding to escalated issues, policies, and procedures from government agencies, payroll functions, and the operating companies.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information.
- Required to work independently and may assist in specialized assignments.
- Ensure that deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to payroll goals, and align with service center strategies.
- Be a strong technical individual on all aspects of payroll processing, payroll analysis, reporting and overall payroll services in a large employee volume payroll.
- Identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
- Review, follow, and provide input to payroll team objectives.
- Assist the supervisor/manager with day-to-day task planning and special projects.
- Document and review payroll operations procedures.
- Work with the supervisor/manager and Service Center Documentation team to contribute to the ongoing development
- Job Description:
Payroll Operations Responsibilities
Teamwork and Individual Development
Communicate regularly with supervisor/manager, team members, and appropriate stakeholders regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or processes. Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels.
Participate in and support departmental initiatives.
Seek feedback, continuously learn, and take advantage of opportunities to improve knowledge, skill, and experience. Monitor results to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
Assist others where possible for the good of the team and department. Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol. Assure that behavior complies with the Client's credo and supports a positive work environment.
CPP Certification and SAP experience is desired.
Strong technical skills such as Excel desired.
2 years' experience with a payroll background
BA is preferred but not required