Site Reliability Engineer-Automation
As a member of our Software Engineering team you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our team of technologists.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
This exciting opportunity is part of the Software Engineering team as we revolutionize the way we work to support applications. The SRE will focus on enhancing the application stability and supportability in conjunction with Production Management teams which focuses on proactively monitoring the health of the applications and infrastructure – ensuring processes are running, feeds are processing, jobs and dependencies are being executed, and ensuring all business functionality and support requirements are met.
Key responsibilities of a Banking SRE team member:
- Focus of this position will be supporting build automation. Team will own end-to-end support of the workflow, spanning numerous disciplines and technologies.
- Large portion of the time is spent designing and developing robust coding solutions to improve system supportability, stability and performance with the potential to standardize and replicate across a portfolio of applications
- Engages with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases.
- Deploys sustainable software, system and product upgrades
- Develop software to automate manual operational work
- Development and implementation of CI/CD pipelines using standardized deployment tools.
- Adds value to team delivery and works with team to complete tasks to high quality and actively learns new skills
- Be part of the rotational support coverage as needed
- Collaborate with Application Development and Production Management teams as part of DevOps culture
- Collaborate and manage all production changes are made in accordance with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology, application and business risk, technology controls guidelines, and error budget constraints
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Proficient skills for application development in multiple technologies and design techniques
- Knowledgeable about Agile methodologies with ability to work in a least one of the common framework
- Basic knowledge of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, application resiliency and security
- Proficient in one or more general purpose programming (Eg., Java, C#) and scripting (Eg., Python, PowerShell) languages
- Experience/knowledge administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Tomcat, Apache, Microsoft IIS, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)