The Events team supports the development, planning and execution of more than 100 yearly events. These include on-site annual research conferences, scientific meetings and workshops. The department also plans and executes large social functions for up to 600 guests.
As Events Intern, you will assist the Events team with a variety of responsibilities and projects.
The Events Intern will work at a New York, NY, office. The expected schedule is two days per week, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Receive approved invoices, assign the correct account code, scan and deliver to Finance for processing. Hand deliver rush invoices to Finance for expedited processing, pick up checks and mail them via FedEx.
- Learn to use the Concur system for expense reports. Prepare expense reports, scan invoices and upload them to the report.
- Receive event forms and notes from the team to be used to detail event information for a 2019 Event Tracker beginning with the first event in January and updating through current day. Microsoft Excel skills are required for this task.
- Prepare name badges for events. This requires printing the badges, inserting them into holders and alphabetizing them in holders in preparation for each event.
- FreshDirect deliveries are received 2-3 times per week. Tasks include unpacking, storing items in refrigerator or storage bins and breaking down boxes for garbage collection.
- Assist the Events team with additional tasks and projects as requested.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is required.
- Skilled at scanning and uploading documents.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the responsibilities of the team.