The SPARK team is looking for a passionate individual with an interest in science and software engineering. This role will involve close collaboration with the SPARK Product team, working with product development specialists, software developers, and testing / quality assurance professionals. A successful candidate will demonstrate superb attention to detail in order to help plan, build and deploy world-class software. SPARK—a landmark autism research project—aims to make important progress possible. SPARK stands for ‘Simons Foundation Powering Autism Research for Knowledge,’ and the mission is simple: we want to speed up research and advance our understanding of autism to help improve lives.. Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) helping to manage the testing process for new software, supporting day-to-day operations, and collaborating on projects with various members of the team - from researchers to testers.
The SPARK Intern will work at a New York, NY, office. The expected schedule is three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Help conduct software testing in collaboration with external testing companies, internal developers, internal product team and clinical staff. This will be front-end testing from a user’s perspective.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a library of requirements, test plans, product performance and update the documentation as required.
- Assist in monitoring and updating tickets tracking new software updates and bug reports.
- Assist the SPARK team with additional tasks and projects as requested.
- Strong skillset with Microsoft Office products and Google office products.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Exceptional time management, organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Prior experience working in research and / or software engineering / testing teams would be beneficial.