The IT Operations team is looking for an intern, that is interested in technology and IT support, to complete an important project. The team maintains an inventory of hardware, accessories, cables, and other IT equipment. As IT intern, you will work on a project to catalog and organize the inventory of equipment.
In addition, the IT intern will be given the opportunity to “shadow” members of the IT support team as they troubleshoot issues and address support calls.
The IT Intern will work at a New York, NY, office. The expected schedule is three days per week, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Create a spreadsheet for tracking the inventory of IT equipment.
- Identify each piece of equipment in various storage locations at the foundation.
- Document the type of equipment, number, and location, in the tracking spreadsheet.
- Organize equipment so that it is clearly labeled, easy to find and accessible when needed by IT staff.
- “Shadow” IT support team, and complete additional tasks and projects as assigned.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Basic familiarity with IT equipment.
- Organizational skills.
- Interest in technology and tech support.
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the responsibilities of the team.