Human Resources team is seeking an intern who is interested in learning about many aspects of HR at a busy non-profit foundation. The intern may participate in projects and learning opportunities in recruitment, employee engagement, training, and benefits.
The intern will also have the opportunity to “shadow” members of the HR team as they perform daily HR tasks, including use of the HR electronic system.
The intern will be located in the New York, NY office and the expected schedule is three days per week, 10:00am – 4:00pm.
The internship is expected to last ten weeks.
• Perform audit of job descriptions to ensure format and language is consistent. Upload job descriptions to worker records in electronic HR information system.
• Help manage anti-harassment training requirements for visitors and consultants.
• Assist with logistics for onsite trainings and workshops.
• Scan exit interviews, interview notes and other paper documents and develop a Dropbox filing system.
• Enter contact information for employees in electronic HR information system.
• Track and file guest researcher paperwork. • Research employee engagement initiatives and report on the steps to implement. • Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) • Adept at learning new databases and technical tools, such as scanners • Accuracy and attention to detail • Experience in administrative support or human resources is preferred