SourceAbled is looking for motivated candidates to have shared responsibility for the design, development, testing and/or deployment of system functionality for our client who is a leader in the insurance industry.
- Ability to understand customer needs by interpreting into practical solutions.
- Ensures systems are architecturally sound, high in code and component quality.
- Ensures systems are easily modified to support future requirements with support.
- Utilizes intermediate testing techniques and tools
- Define and execute tests early, often, and at multiple levels depending on level of experience.
- Identify and raise issues and risks with functional design and offer alternative solutions.
- Use a range of coding methods.
- Adheres to coding standards to ensure consistent style and format.
- Write and refine user stories, including clear and accurate acceptance criteria.
- Execute Test-Driven (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) to build in quality.
- Performs assessments relating people, processes and/or technology to evaluate work.
- Troubleshoot user/system environmental issues and training.
- Works with the Product Owner to confirm the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
- Provides expertise in the solution design and functionality of business applications.
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation.
- Develops, documents, executes, and maintains test cases and test data.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- SAFe Practitioner or SAFe Agilist Certification within 180 days of hire required.
- Experience in the following Java skills:
- Language: Java/J2EE (JDBC, Servlet, JSP, JAXB, EJBs, etc.)
- API: Web services, REST services, etc.
- Framework: SPRING MVC & SPRING BOOT
- Testing: Junit Framework
- Servers : WebSphere, JBoss & Tomcat
- Databases: IBM DB2, SQL server
- UI: HTML, CSS, Java Script, XML, etc.
- Middleware: Exposure to middleware components like IBM MQ, JMS, etc.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, etc.
- Tools: SOAP UI, REST Client, WINSCP, Putty, SquirrelSQL client, etc.
- IDE: Eclipse, RAD, etc.
- Configuration Tools: GIT Hub
- Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, etc.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- SAFe DevOps Certification preferred.
- Exposure to business insurance domain is preferred.
- This position operates in an open office working environment which will include normal and customary distractions, noise, and interruptions.
- Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift.
- Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance.
- Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Visually verifies and reads information.
- Visually locates material, resources and other objects.
- Ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift.
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.