SourceAbled is looking for motivated candidates for designing and building solutions at multiple levels of the technology stack our client who is a leader in the insurance industry. The candidate will understand the business and work to enhance and enrich the customer experience while implementing efficiently. Candidate will recognize and act upon opportunities to improve the front-end development, processes, and tools the team uses daily.
- Understands customers’ processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit.
- Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements.
- Validates suppliers estimates.
- Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high-level plan.
- Supports the implementation activities.
- Troubleshoots system environmental issues.
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Specifies and recommends Integration and Parallel testing criteria.
- Responsible for the conceptual design of business applications.
- Mentors lower-level colleagues.
- Works closely with GiTAG in driving architectural solutions for specific applications (e.g., Application architectural models, frameworks, middleware, etc.)
- Responds to application problem tickets as necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in the following:
- Software development experience in Web development and Web technologies.
- Common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Interfacing with SOAP / REST APIs / Web services.
- Version control tools – Git namely and familiar with modern front-end build pipelines and tools.
- Extracting and manipulating complex data relationships utilizing document-oriented data structures and configuring these data sets for optimal processing.
- Understanding or knowledge of:
- CSS3 (Less or SASS) and HTML5 (AppCache, local storage, Geolocation, SQLite, Device Capabilities access).
- Modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token, OAuth etc.
- Accessibility Testing Tools & Processes Prevalent with Accessibility standards (WCAG, ADA, DD etc.) and guidelines.
- Proven understanding of Agile development methodologies
- Ability to learn AWS serverless architectures utilizing Amazon’s AWS stack: Cloudfront, Lambda, S3, Route 53, Cognito, Elastic Search, Aurora, Athena.
- May require occasional traveling
- Good written and oral skills in local language
- Able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content.
- Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently
- Passion for peer review – participate in and conduct design and code reviews