SourceAbled is looking for a Remote Business Intelligence Engineer with SSIS/ETL experience, knowledge of design, development, and testing in a data warehouse environment.
Candidates with Autism are encouraged to apply for this Autism and Work program.
Essential Job Functions
- Work on the successful delivery of multiple concurrent projects prioritized by various business teams.
- Partner with business users to gather and document business and functional requirements.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the design and functionality of business applications.
- Understand the source systems and conduct the data profiling.
- Able to convert business requirements into technical requirements and designs.
- Develop complex SQL Queries to support project delivery, business inquiries, defects/root cause analysis, and ad-hoc reporting requests.
- Create ETL/SSIS packages.
- Create high level and detailed technical designs.
- Create Source to Target Mappings (STTMs).
- Conduct Unit Testing (UT) and create UT results documents.
- Provide support for QA/UAT.
- Set and independently manage delivery targets per expectations.
- Identify and act on opportunities to improve efficiency, pace, and quality within the team.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts and relational database technologies (e.g. Shell Scripts for automation, SQL Server, DB2, Snowflake, Oracle).
- Able to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate defects, validate data quality, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft BI tool stack with deep expertise in SSIS ETL tools. (DataStage is a plus).
- Effective critical thinking, problem-solving skills with the ability to explain complex concepts/issues.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance team needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decision.
- Strong understanding of SDLC.
- Ability to effectively write, speak, and present information to managers, team members, and business partners.
- Collaborative mindset to work with multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues and risks to management.
- Quick learner and self-starter with the ability to absorb new information to support existing and new initiatives.
Special Skill Requirement's a plus but not neccessary:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required, with at least a minor in a quantitative or analytic subject.
- Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10-lbs. maximum and seeing.
- Physical Environment
- Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.