SourceAbled is looking for a Remote Application Developer IV with Senior Frontend Developer skills to join our client’s growing team in the Insurance industry.
Candidates with Autism are encouraged to apply for this Autism At Work program opportunity.
My client's development team is looking for a highly motivated senior developer to join an on-going effort of modernizing several of the company’s customer-facing applications. You will be working closely with product managers, UI/UX designers, and other developers – both onshore and offshore – towards this effort by contributing your technical expertise and deep-seated desire to always leave things better than you found them.
As a Senior frontend developer, you will be expected to be a core contributing member of the development team. This means you should be able to:
• Perform code reviews that provide meaningful and actionable feedback
• Work closely with designers and product managers to shape requirements and translate complex workflows into well-rounded features and responsive user experiences
• Attend & contribute to AGILE ceremonies
• Architect/develop efficient and reusable abstractions and systems that drive complex web applications
• Write clean, well-tested, reusable, and quality code, adhering to best practices (and contribute towards continuous improvement of those practices)
• Communicate effectively with other team members
• Must work PST hours (between 8am-5pm PST)
• Have extensive experience in debugging frontend code with browser developer tools
• Qualified candidates must have 5+ years of software development experience in web development and web technologies.
• Must have working experience with popular front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
• Have a strong understanding of how to create template-driven HTML pages, the intricacies of CSS, and have extensive experience using CSS preprocessors – like LESS, SCSS, & Stylus.
• Must have a strong understanding of asynchronous code, making XHR requests, and communicating with APIs
• Experience with version control tools – Git namely – and be familiar with modern front-end build tools.
• Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms – such as JSON Web Token, OAuth etc.
• Knowledge of ES6 , Unit testing, WebPack, Karma, Jasmine Frameworks
• Have a passion for both personal improvement and in helping those around you.
• Must be able to participate in and conduct design and code reviews.
• Have a proven understanding of Agile development methodologies
• Maintain a basic knowledge in accessibility testing tools & processes prevalent with Accessibility standards (WCAG, ADA, DD, etc) and guidelines.
• Must have experience with project management software such as Jira, Rally etc
Technical Skill Requirements
• Angular: 4+ years – or 1+ year(s) working with Angular and 3+ working with another SPA framework – such as Ember, Vue, React
• CSS3/HTML5: 5+ years
• SCSS/ SASS/LESS: 3+ years
• AJAX: 5+ years
• Git: 5+ years with 2+ years of performing code reviews
• Agile: 1+ year(s)