SourceAbled is seeking a Remote Enterprise Data Architect that will be responsible for setting direction across our insurance industry clients division, and ensuring that project and program architecture aligns to the clients enterprise vision. Assess the current state of the Insurance Data Analytics landscape, putting together a future vision and roadmap aligned to a blend of best practices and current environmental factors, as well as influence key business and IT stakeholders on the case for change.
All candidates with Autism are encouraged to apply for this Autism At Work program job.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ability to evaluate and assess existing legacy environments focused on data analytics and reporting
• Ability to authentically and effectively communicate with business and IT executives and leaders to in order to influence and create and promote change
• Ability to evaluate latest data architecture trends (such as Data Fabric/Data Mesh) and recommend options to accelerate data journey.
• Ability to build and articulate an architecture and delivery roadmap indicating current to future state, focused around clear benefits to both IT and business users
• Responsible for managing risk within an organization through a reusable framework and process
• Responsible for creating design patterns and best practices for data and the integration of data through the enterprise
• Ability to evaluate and assess existing legacy data assets with an eye on modernization and simplification.
• Proven experience in architecture governance and peer reviews.
• Responsible for conceptual and technical design of complex ETL workflows and database engineering patterns.
• Design Web services/API to facilitate easy access to data.
• Responsible for creating design patterns and best practices for data and the integration of data through the enterprise.
• Responsible for creating reference architecture, and roadmap necessary to hold architecture delivery to the level of quality.
• Ability to understand and mitigate architecture risk and compromise across work streams driving solution decisions.
• Take guidance from Program management team and plan tactical timelines and deliverables considering cross-team impacts and overall methodology of the program.
• Collaborate with legacy application teams to strategically determine scope and/or decommissioning of applications.
• Work with infrastructure team to determine solution sizing and hosting requirements for the different environments across project phases.
• Provide input for the rationalization of proposed custom development objects
• Identify and develop opportunities for improving existing business processes, increasing ROI and overall effectiveness.
• Facilitate evaluation and selection of enterprise software products as needed.
• 7+ years’ experience as an Enterprise Data Architect in IT/ERP implementations and integration with downstream transactional insurance systems.
• Must be an expert with significant experience leading enterprise solutions and enterprise architecture.
• Expert knowledge and demonstrated abilities to lead large, multi-million dollar Data programs.
• Proven ability to work with all levels within the IT and Business organization.
• 10+ years data warehouse, BI, and database engineering experience (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 UDB / Mainframe, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift)
• 5+ years modeling experience (Visio, Erwin)
• 5+ years web-services experience ( SOAP, REST)
• 5+ years ETL experience (Informatica Power Center, SSIS)
• Experience evaluating various data architecture frameworks and recommending options to accelerate data journey. Knowledge of Data Fabric/Data Mesh Architecture is preferred.
• Insurance data model experience (e.g. IAA and Acord).
• Well versed in the Life Insurance data domains is preferred.
• Ability to build and manage enterprise data models, leveraging both industry and application specific service models.
• Hands on experience with data profiling tools and processes.
• Expert knowledge of normalized and dimensional modeling techniques.
• Excellent SQL skills and demonstrated ability to write complex SQL for purposes of analyzing data and/or evaluating how information needs might be translated into back end database structures.
• Review data profiling findings for key master data objects from legacy systems, assess compatibility with Life Insurance data structures and rules, and recommend any required mitigation strategies.
• Recommend master data governance model for the program.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Life Insurance industry experience is heavily preferred.
• Certifications in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, EABOK, EACOE).
• Experience with Metadata applications and solutions.
• Business Process Management process and application experience.
• Experience with assessment, and solution architecture for Big Data technologies.
• Additional 3-5 years working in another role within the data domain (i.e. business/data analyst, quality assurance analyst, or BI / information delivery developer).
• Additional 3-5 years working in another architecture role outside of Enterprise Architecture (i.e. solution, project, system).
• Experience with any existing Cloud Service Provider (e.g. AWS, Azure, or GCP).
• Stay current on industry trends in data modeling, data architecture, and data movement.
• Experience with scripting languages like Python is a plus.